Monday, September 17, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

So labor day weekend started out with not a whole lot going on. Saturday morning I went to some yard sales looking for a mirror I could refinish for one of our bathrooms but struck out in that department. However, I found a fryer and thought hum this could be fun. I spent a whole $5 on it and figured hey if it doesn't work no biggie. I didn't really have anything particular in mind that I wanted to make other than scones which you can make in a pot but still I thought the fryer was better. So I brought it home and Kasey was ecstatic about it! Since then we have made fries, corn dogs, onion rings, and doughnuts :) Kasey said it was the best $5 I have spent our entire marriage hahaha!

So Sunday we decided to have some friends over for a little BBQ to test the fryer out and for some fun. Two of our good friends (the Broughs and the Raleighs) came and we had a lot of fun.

We made some corn dog and doughnuts in the fryer which were a hit. Here are just a couple of candids from the day :)

Yes he is now putting EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in his mouth :)





 Playing some games in the yard :)

Jason with his little boy Cruz and then below that is his daughter Kailah


Then men working on the fryer :)

Corn Dogs!!


The food was a hit!



After dinner the Broughs went on a quick Motorcycle ride so Missi could see 
what Joel's new bike was like and we watched their kids!

I don't know what is it but ALL kids love Kasey's Jeep...kinda cute 
I know Beckham will love it as well one day!


Beckham just playing in his toy that he just adores :)



Then on Monday Kasey and I just ran some errands and got some Chipotle (which I craved all the time my entire pregnancy!) and some Cold Stone ice cream.....mmmmmmmm so good!!



That night we decided to have a BBQ with just our little family and we tried making 
sweet potato fires which ended up being pretty good!

 While waiting for dinner to cook we had some fun trying to keep Backham and ourselves entertained :)


His face is a little dirty casue he just finished eating some squash and I had't wiped his face off yet

  
Dinner Time!!




Hope you enjoyed!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You guys really do love your fryer. I want those sweet potato fries! looks like a fun weekend =)

Unknown said...

Way to score at the garage sale, Erin! :) Glad you guys had a fun weekend. And I almost bought that shirt at Target like 10 time...looks cute on you! Maybe I should go get it after all :)